Wednesday, January 16, 2013

B is for book and for bad reading habits.

I have been meaning to catch up on my reading. I have a couple of books which remain unread on my shelf. Truth be told, I am the type of person who immediately buys the book which she fancies and then abandon them later on. Yes, I 'm selfish when it comes to my books. And yes, I'm an abandoner. Just like what happened to Carmen Laforet's Nada which I bought a month ago. I've been putting off reading the entire novel because the context is a tad difficult for me and I have to admit I got bored with the long narratives. Even though I haven't finished reading it yet I decided to switch to another book of the same genre. This book is recommended for intermediate Spanish learners and rated positively by many online reviews. However, until now I am still stuck on the 1st chapter.


Pending books to read.

I try to keep my books as new looking as possible. That's why I really hate it when people dog-ear the pages. Every bibliophile knows that this is the worst crime against books. It's the reason why I don't like lending my books to other people who are not family members or close friends. Books must be returned in the same condition that they were in when borrowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment